Thursday 29 April 2010

Creating something realistic!

Development of how I made a doorway:

Ok, before you laugh, I wanted to mess around/practice with a few things (Why now when I don't really have the time is beyond me, maybe I was procrastinating?)

Anyway, I made this door...



It's rather boring/ very simple, and not that good either. Though I suppose I need to keep doing things like this to eventually get better. I've decided that I'm going to model another one, but have the side of a house too. I'd like to see if I can make some progress in this short space of time to tell myself I can do it :)



The model is neat, but I got some crit and I realised I had quite a few unused polys.



Here is said crit ^_^

I made the changes, unwrapped and textured it again:



I have to say, it looks a lot better :)



Here's the wireframe, though it's exactly the same as the crit I got!

Right. Need to make something else, using from what I've learned from this.

And this is what I came up with:





It's still very simple, but I took the crit I got from the previous one I made. I saved polys by having separate elements.
However, I was working on it last night, saved it and then when I opened it up this morning it had apparently not saved (I even saved it twice, one as backup and that one didn't work either) So yeah, I was pretty frustrated and now the whole thing offends my eyes. I've only just recovered from a nasty cold too, so I'm super frustrated. I don't have time really to make it better, but I'm going to. Screw you Max, you will not get the better of me ;D

Blargh, I am not liking this one bit. I'm trying my hardest to get this not to offend my eyes at all.



Got rid of some geometry on the side. Changed the size a bit, the door was too fat.



Messed with the lighting a bit.



Made it better. Still lots to do.



Screeny of progress, geometry added to the arch, and extra wall detail.



Made the arch more rounded, but ended up getting rid of a lot of unecessary polys.



I can see progress, but I really don't like it.... Yet.



I could do more with this, but I just don't have the time. If I did have the time however, I'd add some sort of grime to the wall, and I'd make a step leading to the porch. I'm a little happier with it, I can see the progress I've made. (I also don't mean to sound like a grumpy face, but I can't help it, I'm so stressed I can actually see verts in real life.)



Wireframe

No comments:

Post a Comment