I really like how even though everything looks clean cut, theres so much detail.
Looking at the demographics of the game, I would say that it appeals to people from late teens onwards. (even though I clearly remember playing the first one when I was 12 ;D)
I think I'll make a doorway, and concentrate on making it look pretty!
Obviously this first came out for the pc so this will be my platform.
Looking at poly counts (for pc) :
- Alyx Vance – 8323 polygons
- Barney – 5922 polygons
- Combine Soldier – 4682 polygons
- Buggy (without mounted gun) – 5824 polygons
- Classic Headcrab – 1690 polygons
- SMG – 2854 polygons (with arms)
- Pistol – 2268 polygons (with arms)
- I was unable to find information on buildings and other props, but I can make a judgement based on this. I only want to make a simple doorway, so I think I should keep it under 1000.